I’m not off to the salon, or searching for a simple solution, I’m just eager to make progress on the Charles Rennie Macintosh project. I grabbed my mask and headed to the local home improvement store to pick up a sheet of 1/4” MDF. They also had 1/16” basswood sheets so I added that to the cart. I dedicated this week to cutting and dry fitting the structure.
First I cut a piece for the base. You just can’t have too many measuring devices. Good thing I had them, too. It turns out my MDF wasn’t exactly square. I measured more than twice for this first cut, set up a “fence” and ripped it. The blade on the skill saw was a little coarse for mini work so I swapped it for a more suitable blade for the other pieces.Continue reading “Cut and Dry”